Who says fitness and fashion can’t go in the same sentence? Uh, no one! Hi, Loves! Today, I want to share some great fashionable workout pieces and products that I love. I don’t know about y’all, but cute clothes motivate me! While hunting for new pieces to add to my workout wardrobe, I found some goodies for you too! So I’m considering this a wishlist of sorts.
November and December are my eat-whatever-I-want months, and January is just the perfect time to get back on track with a wellness and fitness routine. If you’re anything like me, then right now you’re desperately trying to get your fitness life together. Yesterday, I went to a fitness class, and it kicked my butt! It was bad. No, it was really bad. I couldn’t do all of the exercises, and it was embarrassing! While everybody else was bouncing around like they’d been eating kale salads all fall, I was standing still trying to catch my breath. #NoShame You know what?! I’ll be there again next week because a winner doesn’t quit on himself. Yes, that was a Beyonce quote. Ha! Thanks to my wishlist, I’ll be dressed cute and well-prepared too. I hope you find this useful. 🙂
5. SPORTS BRAS
6. WATER BOTTLE
7. GYM BAGS
Happy workout! xoxo
- Bundle up and go for a stroll. Taking a walk together promotes good communication. Because it’s cold outside, it almost guarantees that you’ll be alone. Take a cup of coffee or hot chocolate along to keep you warm.
- Try a local, authentic hole-in-the-wall restaurant. Fancy restaurants are nice and all, but sometimes the best food is at a simple, local spot. It also may be an opportunity to experience a new place together.
- Plan to have a “date night in” and cook dinner together. This can be really fun especially if you’re trying a dish neither of you has made previously.
- Pick an old TV sitcom from another decade and bingewatch it. Take a break from your favorite shows and enjoy an old classic like my husband’s favorite, Sanford & Son.
- Make it a spa day. Trust me. Men like massages too. Book a couples massage at your favorite spa and just relax.
- Pretend you’re tourists in your own city. Visit a museum or an art gallery. Stop by a local bakery or specialty shop. This is a chance to explore new places around town.
- Have a game night with friends. For my extroverts, make it a game night with other couples or your closest friends. Cards, charades or a classic board game like Monopoly will do.
- Check out a coffee shop nearby. This is a great place to hangout and talk. Bonus: It smells divine, and you can share a delicious pastry.
- Dinner + a movie. Going to the movies is a classic date idea. However, add a twist by sneaking in some takeout. No, this is not illegal but don’t stink up the place.
- Get physical. No, not in that way. Workout together. This can be done in the traditional sense by hitting the gym or simply throwing around a football together. It’s football season for goodness sake!
- I broke my nose. When I was 5, my sister used to hold me upside down by the ankles and swing me back and forth. It was so fun until the day she accidentally dropped me on the concrete face forward. Ouch!
- I attended one of the most prestigious boarding schools in the country, Phillips Exeter Academy. Even though it was just for a summer, the experience changed my life.
- I quit my government job to start my own online business. My business is a year-old this month! While being an entrepreneur is no easy feat, I don’t ever foresee myself going back to a 9 to 5.
- I’m allergic to cats. I don’t want to offend my cat lovers, but I don’t think they are cute at all. They’re a little creepy.
- I’m a classically trained singer. I have always loved music and joined my first choir at the age of 8. I sang in choirs from that point onward until my early 20s. I gained several awards for choir and participated in many All-State choirs. I further pursued my love of music in college with a major in Music: Vocal Performance. However, I later changed it to a minor. I also sang in several operas while in college.
- I was a tomboy until my junior year of high school. Who am I kidding? I’m still a tomboy, but I just happen to love dresses, skirts, and makeup now.
- My eyesight is terrible. No, like really terrible. Without my contacts or glasses, the world is a blur literally. I’m so near-sighted that as I age my eyesight actually will get better. Weird, huh?
- I’m named after the character of a book. My mother is the epitome of a book worm and read With an Everlasting Love by Kay Arthur while pregnant with me. Thus, I was named Christianna.
- I’ve started a YouTube channel. While my videos won’t go public until next month, I’m super excited and super scared simultaneously. Keep on the lookout for that!
- While most people know that I’m a huge Beyonce fan, my favorite band of all time is Third Eye Blind. I love them. Their music is the soundtrack to my adolescence, and it will never get old to me. Some of their songs just take me to another place like my favorite, Motorcycle Drive By. I love that he sings about how being alone makes him feel alive. That’s so me!